Table of Contents
Short installation tricks
- automatix2 How-to install and tweak automatix2 to work with Debian etch.
- evolution Online/offline resolution
- evolution-aspell Spell checker for evolution mail
- java plugin How-to install java on iceweasel
- configure QA encountered while using ./configure
- ktlight How-to configure and tweak ktlight to work with Debian etch with the KDE desktop
- openoffice2 Some tips&tricks for Open Office 2
- firefox Firefox/Iceweasel tips&tricks
- twoftpd Basic configuration for twoftpd
IBM Blade Center (HS21)
- Bonding on debian: How to do load balancing and failover on multiple network interfaces.
- Installing the TSM Client: How to install the TSM client from RPMs on a Debian ETCH distro.
More specialized stuff
- Java installation: How to install java for developer
- Install Exim4 as a satellite: How to install Exim4 to work as a “send only” mail server through an ISP.
- autofs How-to mount automatically user's home directory through NFS.
- network interface How-to map multiple network card to defined configuration
- Clamdscan and Inotify A script that look when files are created or modified in a directory and analyses it with an anti-virus
- knoppix Preparing/Debugging knoppix to boot through pxe/tftp.
- nfsboot Preparing/Debugging linux distro to boot through pxe/tftp.
- VPN How to connect to checkpoint
- cupsaddsmb My experience with cups printers shared through samba.
- samba My experience with samba
- Flash Card Preparing a flash card.
- EC Printer Configure a CUPS server for the Xerox WorkCenter 7425 with XSA.
- CHMOD Rescue How to repair a bad
chmodon all the system.
- GRUB Some tips and tricks about grub
- Linux rights Some tricky things to know about Linux rights
- Network interfaces timeout Reduce time required to raise network interfaces
- check apcupsd apcupsd plugin for nagios
Some scripts (e.g in bash)
- abackup This is a script which performs backups and send it to a remote computer or/and to tapes
- network tools What I use to debug my network (MAC/ARP/PING)
- comosix quick start A guide of the sequential events for a working coMosix node on Windows XP Pro (english version) SP2/SP3
- DD-WRT MyPage How to enable custom pages on a DD-WRT router.
To set the keyboard location to CH-FR in the xorg server (GUI), you need to create the file .xinitrc in your home directory. You must write the following lines :
setxkbmap ch fr . /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
Testing server setup
operating_systems/linux/debian/debian.txt · Last modified: 2019/07/22 11:40 by maferreira